Well, I wish I was humming Leaving on a Jetplane (as in "my bags are packed, I'm ready to go") BUT that is not the case. Apparently packing for an entirely unpredictable situation....in only 2 bags is a challenge of its own. And even though I've been working away at this for the majority of the summer, it's still a TON of work, and I still feel like I'm flying blind! Luckily, my family has put up with the exponentially growing "Africa table" in our basement as well as move a scale down there so I can continually weigh each bag (how I'm going to carry said bags through an airport is still yet to be determined. ha!)
So here is the basic rundown....
Sept. 27 (as in Monday morning...as in 4 days from now) I will meet the rest of Moz15 - my training class - at a hotel in Philidelphia for Staging.
Sept. 28 (at 2:30 AM....yes 2:30 am ) we will begin making our way to Mozambique! After a 3-day orientation in the capital city (Maputo), we'll head to our training village where we will live with local families. Training should last 10 weeks, and it should cover basic language (Portuguese), cross cultural, classroom management and technical skills. What a breeze! Ha!
I'm not sure how much internet access I will have while I'm in Mozambique, but I will try to post on here as often as I can...SO wish me luck! And hopefully you will be hearing from me soon in Mozambique!
Hey audrey it's matt. I hope you made it to the bush land safely. I just want to let you know that I was looking for your blog and came across this one...http://audreysafricanadventures.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have some stiff competition around there!
hey audrey, its the taylor's!! hope your having fun in africa :) my dad says hello and to watch out for gorillas! (not funny) my mom says hi too! bye audrey, from rosie!
ReplyDelete