Thursday, December 23, 2010

random stuff

  • So, even though our house is supposed to have electricity and running water, that’s not exactly the case. When electricity goes out (which is a few times a day) we don’t have running water. And sometimes, there just is “no water.” So. When that happens we are completely dependent on our neighbors to bring us a few buckets of water so that we can take a bath or filter some drinking water. You would not believe how much water you can wasted without even thinking about…until there is no water and you have to figure out how to save it. We’ve gotten pretty crafty though, so I think we’re doing alright. Although seeing as we’re having 7 people stay in our house for 3 days at Christmas, it would be nice to be able to flush the toilets! But, TIA….
  • We’ve chosen a puppy to keep out of the litter next door. He’s a precious little black and brown one named Bruno. The puppies are pretty much the most fun thing about our house so far.
  • After daily trips to the market, I think people are starting to get a littttttle used to us. Although I’ve had toddlers wander up to me and just rub my legs like the white might come off. Just something to get used to I guess!  Not nearly as traumatizing as an incident the day before when a baby locked eyes with Helen and burst into tears…although I think Helen was more upset than the baby….
  • I’ve found an office supply store in Moatize that has 2 computers with internet! So hopefully I’ll be able to use that to upload blog posts and pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment