Ok so it’s been a while since I’ve written anything – and its not just because I’m being lazy (which, I’ll admit, would be a likely reason) BUT because there’s just not a a whole lot going on are here right now. Seriously. This is by far the longest stretch of “down time” I think I’ve had… and to be honest, I’m ready to be busy and productive again! School starts sometime around (after?) January 14 – and then I’ll be zipping around here like a crazy person again!
So. What do I do in all this free time? Well, I wake up painfully early (thank you African sunrise and pheasants and roosters). I ritualistically hope that our water tank will fill and supply us with water for the day … it ritualistically fails, hence my huge pile of dirty clothes. I eat selected, delicious fruit from the market for breakfast OR reward myself with one of my quickly diminishing stash of Cliff Bars if I worked out. Take a bucket bath (or shower if I’m lucky). Read. Read. Read. Watch an episode of Mad Men/ How I met your mother/ movie. Creep around the market looking for new, weird food... Case in point- this spikey green fruit that I have yet to eat. Make lunch. Wander around outside. Study some Portuguese. Read some more. Make dinner with Helen. Eat dinner while watching an episode of the Sopranos…..and yeah that’s pretty much it for right now
No comments:
Post a Comment